Requirements Grades K-12

We are glad that you have chosen Yukon Public Schools.  If you have any questions about enrollment, please call (405) 265-1300 to speak with one of our enrollment specialists or visit our District Enrollment Center located within the Yukon Middle School, 6th Grade Academy at 1000 Yukon Avenue, Yukon, OK 73099. You may also visit our Online Help Center for common questions and answers regarding Enrollment by visiting
  • Pre-K Application opens in March of each year and placement occurs at the end of March. Applications are submitted online and can be accessed at
  • Kindergarten Enrollment for all students starts the second week of May each year.

Returning Student Requirements (All Grades)

Returning students will fill out pre-enrollment forms during each spring semester at their home schools.  Pursuant to State Law, we are required to verify residency of students attending our District on an annual basis. Returning students will be required to present a current utility bill (gas, water or electric) before starting school or picking up a class schedule annually. In addition, if there is any reason throughout the school year for our school sites to believe that you have moved or no longer reside at the residence we have on file, we may request residency verification at that time.

New Student Enrollment Requirements (Pre-Kindergarten)

Yukon Public Schools offers Pre-Kindergarten to students living within District boundaries in full and half-time sessions, as well as Head-Start options through our partnership with Big Five Community Services. Due to limited enrollment spaces for Pre-K students, Pre-K enrollment is held in the spring semester preceding the next school year via a lottery process. Students must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st to enroll in Pre-K. Specific information will be available after January 1.  For more information on the Pre-K enrollment process and requirements please click HERE.

New Student Enrollment Requirements (Kindergarten - 12th Grade)
Enrollment of new K-12 students may be completed at the Yukon Schools Enrollment Center. State law and district policy require that parents bring the following information with them at the time of enrollment:

  • TWO current utility bills as proofs of residency. 
    Acceptable proofs of residency include: 
    • gas, water and electric bill 
  • ONE residential housing/rental agreement
    Acceptable proofs of residency include: 
    • a warranty deed statement, ad-valorem tax statement, mortgage statement, rental agreements, or a realtor's or construction contract must be provided. Please note the intent to build a home does not constitute legal residency. If a home is in the process of construction, and a copy of the construction contract with the local address can be filed with the school system, a resident shall have approximately forty-five (45) school days from the date of initial enrollment to establish permanent residence in the home under construction.
  • Telephone, Internet, Cable bills, checks, and drivers' licenses are not accepted as proofs of residency. 
  • Residency Affidavit (if applicable).
    Are you living with a friend or relative and cannot verify your address because no utility bills or renters agreements are in your name? You will need a Residency Affidavit in addition to the requirements listed below.
  • A current immunization record. 
    Acceptable immunization documents include a record provided by a licensed physician or a public health authority. These documents must include dates and a signature, or stamp of the physician or health department official. A comprehensive list of immunization requirements by age can be found on the Oklahoma State Department of Health website by clicking HERE. PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS MAY NOT ENROLL WITHOUT COMPLETE IMMUNIZATION RECORDS, PROOF THAT THE STUDENT IS IN THE PROCESS OF RECEIVING REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS OR A COMPLETED AND SIGNED EXEMPTION FORM.
  • An official birth certificate. 
    Parents must bring an official (certified) copy of the child's birth certificate. Certified copies of birth certificates can be obtained from the Vital Records division in the state where the child was born. To obtain a copy of a birth certificate for a child born in Oklahoma, visit the Vital Records Service Room at the Oklahoma State Department of Health, 1000 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City. The office is open Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Call (405) 271-4040 for more information or for instructions on obtaining a birth certificate by mail. For information on obtaining a certified copy of a birth certificate for children born outside of Oklahoma, the National Center for Health Statistics provides a list of Vital Record agencies at
  • Students entering 2nd through 8th Grade.
    Student entering 2nd through 8th Grade must bring a withdrawal form from the last school they attended or the last report card showing the school's name and address for a record request.  
  • Students entering 9th through 12th Grade. 
    Students entering 9th through 12th Grade must provide an unofficial transcript along with a withdrawal form from the last school they attended or the last report card showing the school's name and address for a record request.
  • Legal papers (if applicable).
    Any legal documents that would affect the enrollment of your student(s) or are required to be on file pursuant to State Law. (i.e. custody, guardianship, adoption, name change, etc.)