Requirements for Pre-K

Pre-K Enrollment

Please click here to visit our Help Center for information regarding Pre-K Skills and Recommendations & Suggestions for preparing your child(ren) for Pre-K.

We are glad that you have chosen Yukon Public Schools.  If you have any questions about enrollment, please call (405) 265-1300 to speak with one of our enrollment specialists or visit our District Enrollment Center located within the Yukon Middle School, 6th Grade Academy at 1000 Yukon Avenue, Yukon, OK 73099.

Pre-K Enrollment Program Background: 
School districts in Oklahoma have the option of offering Pre-K programs to eligible students. Because class size is limited to 20 students, Yukon Schools uses a "Pre-K Drawing" method to determine who may attend.  The process for pre-enrollment in the program begins in early March prior to the beginning of the following school year.  Parents interested in having their child attend should contact their local elementary school the first week of March of the current school year. Please note that parents are required to provide transportation for Pre-K students. 

Yukon Public Schools offers full-day and Head Start Pre-K classes. Yukon Public Schools no longer offers half-day pre-k sessions. Yukon Public Schools has partnered with Big Five Community Services in offering full-day Head Start Pre-K classes at Parkland Elementary School. Head Start classes have special requirements in addition to the normal Pre-K Enrollment Process.

Pre-K Pre-Enrollment Process:

  1. Parents complete Pre-K Application Card* (During the month of March). 
     *Cards are available at your child's school site. 
  2. Drawing to determine who may attend (End of March).
  3. Out of District applications and waiting list (After Drawing - End of March/Early April).

Specific school enrollment dates and enrollment procedures will be included with the application packet available at your home school.

Enrollment Requirements: 

  • Age. 
    Students must be four years old on or before September 1.

  • TWO current utility bills as proofs of residency. 
    Acceptable proofs of residency include: 
    • gas, water and electric bill 
  • ONE residential housing/rental agreement
    Acceptable proofs of residency include: 
    • a warranty deed statement, ad-valorem tax statement, mortgage statement, rental agreements, or a realtor's or construction contract must be provided. Please note the intent to build a home does not constitute legal residency. If a home is in the process of construction, and a copy of the construction contract with the local address can be filed with the school system, a resident shall have approximately forty-five (45) school days from the date of initial enrollment to establish permanent residence in the home under construction.
  • Telephone, Internet, Cable bills, checks, and drivers' licenses are not accepted as proofs of residency. 
  • Residency Affidavit (if applicable).
    Are you living with a friend or relative and cannot verify your address because no utility bills or renters agreements are in your name? You will need a Residency Affidavit in addition to the requirements listed below.
  • A current immunization record. 
    Acceptable immunization documents include a record provided by a licensed physician or a public health authority. These documents must include dates and a signature, or stamp of the physician or health department official. A comprehensive list of immunization requirements by age can be found on the Oklahoma State Department of Health website by clicking HERE. PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS MAY NOT ENROLL WITHOUT COMPLETE IMMUNIZATION RECORDS OR PROOF THAT THE STUDENT IS IN THE PROCESS OF RECEIVING REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. Exemptions to the immunization law may be granted in accordance with Oklahoma State Law and Oklahoma State Health Department requirements. 
  • An official birth certificate. 
    Parents must bring an official (certified) copy of the child's birth certificate. Certified copies of birth certificates can be obtained from the Vital Records division in the state where the child was born. To obtain a copy of a birth certificate for a child born in Oklahoma, visit the Vital Records Service Room at the Oklahoma State Department of Health, 1000 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City. The office is open Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Call (405) 271-4040 for more information or for instructions on obtaining a birth certificate by mail. For information on obtaining a certified copy of a birth certificate for children born outside of Oklahoma, the National Center for Health Statistics provides a list of Vital Record agencies at
  • Legal papers (if applicable).
    Any legal documents that would affect the enrollment of your student(s) or are required to be on file pursuant to State Law. (i.e. custody, guardianship, adoption, name change, etc.)

Times of Pre-K Sessions: 

  • Full-Day Classes: 8:00am to 2:20pm
  • Big Five Head Start Classes: 8:00am to 2:30pm

For complete Pre-K enrollment information, please contact your home school.